Counting the Omer: The Lighter Side

http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-seth-meyers/video/seths-story-seths-jewish-enough/2776163 For Lag b’omer custom teaches us to lighten up the Omer intensity a bit with picnics, bonfires and celebration.  Enjoy! Baruch Ata Adonai, Elohenu Melech ha-olam asher kidishanu b’mitzvotav vitzivanu […]

Continue reading

Counting the Omer: Happiness Is…

Today, as you count the Omer, understand Jewish wisdom about the source of our happiness. Baruch Ata Adonai, Elohenu Melech ha-olam asher kidishanu b’mitzvotav vitzivanu al s’firat ha’omer.  Blessed are You, […]

Continue reading

Counting the Omer: Sad Desk Lunch

Sad desk lunch and social isolation– another angle on our community conversations about the role of food in our lives.  Consider in today’s counting of the Omer: Have you recently […]

Continue reading

Counting the Omer: For the Love of Math

Can you find meaning in numbers?  Reformjudaism.org explores the inspiration in math in this article. Baruch Ata Adonai, Elohenu Melech ha-olam asher kidishanu b’mitzvotav vitzivanu al s’firat ha’omer.  Blessed are […]

Continue reading

Counting the Omer: My Cup Overflows

Gevurah sh’b netzach – strength within endurance – my cup overflows- (Psalm 23:5).  With discipline, right intention, and compassion, I may dwell the divine and share/spread the abundance. (Thank you […]

Continue reading