Next Dor @ Rodeph Shalom: 20's & 30's
NEXT Dor connects Jewish adults in their 20s and 30s to each other and to Judaism. Our goal is to create Jewish community for ourselves and do Jewish stuff together without any expectation of membership. Events include Shabbat dinners, classes, cultural events and holiday gatherings.
Visit the Next Dor Website
The following principles guide our work:
• Self-defined Jews - we will not attempt to define who can be involved and who can’t; all are welcome whether people self-identify as Jews or are in the process of self-identifying as a Jew or are connected to Jews in some way.
• Low-Bar to Engagement – Our intention is to remove any obstacle to people becoming part of this vibrant community; we will aim to make events accessible, affordable, and walk-in friendly.
If you are interested in getting involved with Next Dor or joining the email list, please contact Rabbi Eli Freedman ([email protected]). We look forward to getting to know you.
RS Young Friends on Facebook
Young Friends are people in their 20s and 30s who wish to join Rodeph Shalom. Joining RS signifies that you are a partner in our community which entitles you to the following:
• The privilege of pastoral care, including the services of our clergy for lifecycle events and in times of difficulty and bereavement.
• High Holy Day Services
• Subscription to our bi-monthly newsletter and to our weekly email.
• Membership in the Union for Reform Judaism, the national organization of the Reform Movement, as well as a subscription to URJ’s quarterly magazine.
• A broad array of worship, educational, cultural, and social opportunities for members of all ages.
• Knowing that through your support, you strengthen Rodeph Shalom, center city, the greater Jewish community, and the world.
At Rodeph Shalom, we believe that finances should never be an obstacle to being a part of community. Our doors are open to everyone and no one is ever denied membership because of inability to pay. For more information about joining RS, contact Catherine Fischer: [email protected] or 215-627-6747 x246).