Holy Day Services at Rodeph Shalom are an uplifting experience of community, prayer and music. The congregation offers membership to those who would like to participate in Jewish life at Rodeph Shalom. In our
tradition dating back to biblical times, we also welcome guests. We ask that you review the policy below for obtaining guest passes for Rosh Hashanah, Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur Services.
Procedures for RS Congregants to Obtain Guest Passes
- Requests for guest passes should be made in writing to the Congregation’s office and should include the guests’ names and addresses.
- A contribution of $180 for each guest pass is requested.
- For security reasons, no guest passes will be issued at the door and must be obtained prior to the service
- Please advise your guest to bring photo-identification
For Out-of-Town Guests
- Members may request guest passes for out-of-town guests. A contribution for each out-of-town guest older than 26 is requested.
For Local Residents: Local residents who are interested in attending services must contact Catherine Fischer at 215-627-6747x246 or [email protected].
- Children 26 and younger do not require guest passes.
- Full-time students with a valid student ID do not require guest passes
- Dependent parent(s) of a member who reside with the member may receive complimentary guest passes.
- We invite prospective members to come as our guests for one High Holy Day cycle. Prospective members should contact Catherine Fischer at 215-627-6747x246 or [email protected] for information about our congregation
- Members of the military may be admitted without guest passes by presenting evidence of their status at the door. No contribution is requested.
Adult Children of Members in Good Standing we welcome with open arms adult children of RS members and hope that they can join us for the High Holy Days. Below are guidelines.
- Adult children 26 years old and under do not require a High Holy Day pass and can join their family with photo ID.
- Adult children 27 years old and up, living out-of-town who belong to a synagogue can receive passes through reciprocity. Contact Shelley Saunders ([email protected] or 267-930-7289) for more information.
- Adult children 27 years old, living out-of-town and currently unaffiliated are asked to make a contribution of their choosing to RS. We are happy to work out the arrangements directly with your child. Contact Catherine Fischer for more information.
- Adult children 27 years old and up living in the Philadelphia area are invited to consider joining RS as adult members of the community.
- Please advise your guests to bring photo-identification.
Guest Pass Reciprocity
- If you would like to bring guests for High Holy Day services who are members of another synagogue, please have them contact their home synagogue about providing reciprocity information. Reciprocity forms should be faxed to Shelley Saunders at 215-627-1313 or emailed to [email protected]