Chair: Susan Roth
Join the new knitting and fiber arts group and share knowledge, stories and resources.
- Wednesdays, December 6 & 20, 4:45-6:15 p.m. at RS
A food-insecure family’s budget is already stretched to its breaking point—there’s no extra for winter clothes, even when children have outgrown them. That’s why Knitzvot and Breaking Bread on Broad are co-sponsoring a warm clothing drive for our neighbors in need this winter!
You can help by buying needed items from our Amazon registry and/or by making and donating handmade items. The drive is open now and runs through December 15.
You can also take a look at the registry to learn our current needs, and purchase comparable warm clothing from any source you choose! New, unused items only please. Ship to Rodeph Shalom, ATTN: BBoB, or drop items off at the RS security desk and tell them it’s for BBoB.
- Please use soft, washable yarn.
- Not sure what to make? Consider a stroller blanket, or children’s hats, gloves/mittens, and scarves.
- Are you on Ravelry? Knitzvot has a Ravelry profile where we’ve collected some simple, free patterns to get you started, and a Ravelry group where we can talk about what we’re making and share our progress!
- Need help with your pattern or project? Come to a Knitzvot meeting and we’ll problem-solve together!
- We’ll be collecting finished projects at our 12/6 meeting (which will also be our Hanukkah party!)