All adult education, group, task force, and committee meetings will not be conducted in person until otherwise noted. Each meeting will decide whether to meet virtually, to reschedule, or to cancel. Please look for separate communications regarding these gatherings.
Rodeph Shalom is committed to providing an engaging and accessible learning environment. Saturday morning Torah Study provides a lively discussion of the weekly portion. Sunday and weeknight seminars, as well as Hebrew classes, are taught by a host of talented educators including RS clergy, visiting rabbis, Philadelphia professors, and even our own congregants! Join together for study, discussion and community-building.
Saturday Morning Torah Study
Held weekly from 9:15-10:30am, this is the cornerstone of our learning. We discuss the weekly Torah portions and have a lively conversation as we relate this ancient text to our daily lives. No previous Torah study or knowledge of Hebrew needed. Attend once, once in a while, or every week.
- Join Zoom Meeting (video): https://zoom.us/j/574866161
Meeting ID: 574 866 161
- Once the link is clicked, a pop up will appear entitled “Open URL: Zoom Launcher” which will read https://zoom.us wants to open this application.
- Click “Open URL Zoom Launcher”
- You will see a pop-up screen
- When the host appears on the screen, you are all set!
- If your computer is not working, you can also dial in by phone using these steps:
- +16465588656, MEETING ID (574 866 161) THEN POUND SIGN
- Dial by your location (1 646 558 8656) and enter Meeting ID (574 866 161)
Introduction to Judaism
Tuesdays, January 21 through April 14 from 6:00-8:00pm with Rabbi Maderer, Rabbi Freedman, and Catherine Fischer
If you are an interfaith couple, if you are considering converting to Judaism, or if you are Jewish and looking for beginner’s education, “Introduction to Judaism” is perfect for you. Registration is required. Cost: Free for RS members; $180/non-member singles and couples. For questions and to enroll, contact Alicia Broudy (email@example.com).
Adult Beginning Hebrew
Tuesdays, September 10 through April 28 from 6:30-8:00pm
A basic Hebrew reading course designed for the adult beginner with Rebekah Robinson. For more information about costs and to enroll, contact Candice Nemoff (firstname.lastname@example.org; 267-930-7293).
Jewish Meditation Group
Held weekly on Fridays from 4:30-5:30pm.
The first half hour is devoted to discussion with a new interest in Ancient Tradition and sharing; the second half will be for the silent meditation practice. Congregants are invited to come at any time.
No prior knowledge needed.